Group owners are essential when it comes to the group content as they are key to making sure the content is not only current but informs everyone what is important to a specific group.
Group Owner Permissions
Group owners have a few special permissions that allow them to effectively manage a group. Group owners have the ability to:
Edit the group's settings
Edit a group's Description and Ask Us About information
Add and remove group members
Assign group ownership roles
Create content within the group if group permissions allow
Edit and delete content within the group if group permissions allow
Connect a group to a Slack and Microsoft Team channel if those integrations are configured in the Admin Console
How to Assign a Group Owner
1. Navigate to the group in which you'd like to assign a group owner.
2. Click on the downward arrow in the group header and click on Settings.
3. Click on Members.
4. Search or scroll to find the member you'd like to make a group owner.
5. Click on the three dots on the member name.
6. Select Make Owner. You will see the user role change from Member to Owner.
For more information about managing a group, take a peek here: Managing a Group