Connecting Haystack to Slack makes it easy to share your Haystack content with your team in the channels your team uses all day long. Setting up and using your Slack integration is quick and easy.
Configuring the integration.
To use Haystack and Slack together, an admin in both tools must first configure the integration.
1. Click the account dropdown arrow in the top right corner of your screen and select Admin Console.
2. In the menu on the left, select Integrations.
3. Use the toggle to toggle ON Haystack Slack App for Haystack. This will prompt you to accept the integration requirements in a new window.
4. You'll know your integration is fully configured when you see the green toggle on and a list of your channels on your Integrations page.
NOTE: When you configure the Slack app, your employees will not be notified. The app will sit quietly behind the scenes until you take action to push a notification to Slack.
Connecting your workspace groups to auto-share to Slack.
Once Slack has been connected in your Admin Console, you can connect your workspace groups to the Slack channel(s) of your choosing. Once connected, new posts shared in the group will automatically be published to the Slack channel.
Posts shared to Slack will be branded with the visual assets and names you've given your workspace so that they feel native to your brand and culture.
To connect a group to a Slack channel, you must be a workspace admin, group admin, or group owner. Here's how:
1. Visit the group that you'd like to connect to Slack and click the dropdown arrow in the header and select Settings.
2. On the left, click Connect Slack.
3. In the search bar, search for and select the Slack channel(s) to which you'd like to connect your group.
4. Once connected, posts shared in the group will automatically publish to the Slack channel(s) you've selected.