Haystack's connected apps integration makes it easy to search multiple tools you know and love—Google Drive, OneDrive, SharePoint and Confluence from a single search bar. Enabling connected apps for universal search is quick and easy.
Admins: Enabling Connects Apps in Your Workspace
To use connected apps with search, admins must first enable this integration.
1. Click the account dropdown arrow in the top right corner of your screen and select Admin Console.
2. In the menu on the left, select Connected Apps.
3. Use the toggle to toggle ON the ability to search via third-party apps. Note, users' search results will only include third-party app content that they have access to.
Users: Using Universal Search with Connected Apps
Once your admins have enabled connected apps, you can use the search bar in your account to search for content in your workspace, Google Drive and Confluence.
1. Click the account dropdown arrow in the top right corner of your screen and select Connected Apps.
2. Use the toggles to enable Google Drive, Confluence, SharePoint, and/or OneDrive. You'll be asked to verify your accounts and allow integrations permissions for each in a pop-up window.
3. Once toggled on, you are all set to go! To search through your connected apps, use the search icon at the top of your browser window. You'll see results from your workspace and your connected apps. Keep in mind, your search results will only include third-party app content that you have access to.