Haystack makes it easy to get the important updates you need, when and where you need them. Using our frequency selections, you can pick the email and mobile notifications that fit your personal work flow.
Email Notification Frequency Options
Your account settings allow you to select the email frequency that works for you:
Instant Notifications will send you an email as soon as new content — posts, events, or resources — has been published in your groups.
Daily Notifications will send you a digest-style email at 6:00 p.m. ET each day, recapping all of the posts, events, and resources published that day in your groups.
Weekly Notifications will send you a digest-style email at 3:00 p.m. ET on Friday, recapping all of the posts, events, and resources published that week in your groups.
Off. You'll never receive email notification unless they're broadcast by your admins. See below.
Please keep in mind that your Haystack admins to have the ability to broadcast urgent and important messages, which means you'll receive email and mobile notifications instantly—even if your preferences are set otherwise.
Setting Your Default Notifications
To set your notification preferences...
1. Open your account menu at the top right corner of your window and select Preferences from the dropdown.
2. Select Notifications in the left hand menu.
3. Use the check boxes and drop down menus to make your selections.
Your Email selections will follow the logic in the details above.
Your Mobile selections will send instant push notifications to your phone via the Haystack mobile app. Coming soon!
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save.
Customizing Your Notifications for a Specific Group
Depending on the groups you're a member of, it's likely that some house information that is more (or less) important and urgent than others. In these special cases, you can customize the notifications for a specific group so that they're different than the default preferences you have set.
Let's think through some examples:
You have your default notifications set to daily digests, but you'd like to receive posts in your department group instantly.
You have your default notifications set to instantly, but you'd like to receive weekly digests for your ERG groups.
If you'd like to customize your notifications for a specific group...
1. Navigate to the group in which you'd like to set custom notifications.
2. Click the bell icon to open the notification preferences window.
3. Use the check boxes and drop downs to make your selections for the group.
4. Click Save at the bottom of the window.